Saturday, April 19, 2014

Rift Run - Levels 20 to 22

Note: A Purest Challenge is not to twink any character, use paragon points, or use any outside help and progress in Hardcore.  Inspired by a post on d2jsp by Bubonic.  I chose to start at Expert difficulty and do Bounties (RNG selected) and Rift runs. 


It's time for another Rift Run.  I keep the difficulty at Expert, with the plan in the back of my mind that if it becomes unbearable and too time consuming, I'll lower the difficulty.

There are some who may argue that smashing every barrel, vase, weapon stack, hive, etc., is a waste of time.  Well, sometimes you find an upgrade...

I didn't take a screenshot prior to unlocking the Rift Guardian, but I almost died.  Okay, I'm being overly dramatic, but I cleared Rift Level 1 and was at the entrance of Rift Level 2 when my latency went Red.  WTF?  I checked the connection and it was fine.  I then heard voices coming from my wife's computer and I realize she is streaming.  I kindly ask if she could stop for 10 minutes.  She turns off the stream and the ping goes Green.

It's Ghom the Rift Guardian.  I kite him back and back and back.  I don't want to fight him in enclosed areas and choke on his poison farts.

Rift Guardian drops a nice upgrade for bracers.

I'm really tired of my weak DPS and now that I have enough materials to craft (I keep Scrubsaders materials separate from the main stash) I got for a new flail.

Thank you RNGeeesus.

Stats at the end of the session

End Gold: 70,499
DPS: 290.86
Toughness: 11,351

No comments:

Post a Comment