Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Bounty Run Act III - Levels 29 to 32

Note: A Purest Challenge is not to twink any character, use paragon points, or use any outside help and progress in Hardcore.  Inspired by a post on d2jsp by Bubonic.  I chose to start at Expert difficulty and do Bounties (RNG selected) and Rift runs. 

Time for another Bounty run!  I randomly roll and it's time for Act III, one of my favorite the acts.  In case you're wondering, I rank the Acts by most fun in the following order:  Act I, Act V, Act III, Act II, Act IV.

The goal is to have a Crusader using fire damage.  Sweep-Blazing is bugged with the 2% DOT not working.  Blizzard is strangely silent on any forthcoming hot fix.  They've fixed (nerfed) and buffed several skills of the Crusade and other classes, but not Sweep-Blazing.  I read on the forums that Blessed Hammer-Combust provides good DPS.  It's also something different and I'm ready for a change.

I'm pleasantly surprised at how effective it is.  Bricktop the Bounty Boss is also impressed as he dies.  Monsters ignite and definitely die quicker compared to Sweep.  Sorry Sweep, you're on the self until fixed.

Here's a nice helmet upgrade (socket!) that I find shortly after killing the Bounty Boss.  Throughout the other bounties I find shoulders and pants upgrades.


Frozen and Vortex affixes on this elite pack.  They almost kill me.  I get chain frozen.  I remain calm and press Steed to bug out.  Nothing happens.  Okay, Plan B goes into effect.  I smash, a little too forcefully, Falling Sword to get out.  Nothing happens.  WTF.  I thought either of those two skills should allow me to break crowd control affixes.  Uh oh.

I'm unfrozen.  I start DPS'ing like a madmen, killing one of the elites.  I run out only to be pulled back into the center of them by Vortex.  I'm frozen again, but it doesn't seem too bad in regards to my health.  Hammers, Hammers, Punish, Punish and the elites are dead and I'm left curious.  The next day I find out you need Ankarats to break crowd control and then you can use Steed.  Lesson learned.

The legendary chest served me well for a very short time as I find a good chest upgrade due to the extra damage with Falling Sword attribute.

A nice pair boots.  I lose movement speed.  It's worth it.  I'm going solo, so no one cares how slow I go.

End of session stats.  Just as I take this screenshot, the dog barfs all over the carpet.  I exit the game and clean the mess up.  About 30 minutes later after the computer is off I realize I forgot to collect my Bounty Cache.  D'oh!

End Gold: 209,154
DPS: 719.00
Toughness: 19,620

No comments:

Post a Comment