Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Rift Run - Levels 35 to 36

Note: A Purest Challenge is not to twink any character, use paragon points, or use any outside help and progress in Hardcore.  Inspired by a post on d2jsp by Bubonic.  I chose to start at Expert difficulty and do Bounties (RNG selected) and Rift runs. 

It seems Bubonic isn't continuing with his Purity Challenge.  At least he hasn't updated it in awhile.  The most recent post was last week and he did say he had plenty of pictures. I'm hoping he'll continue with the endeavor as I am having a blast.  It adds another layer to the end game of ROS, while the developers figure out what they want the Diablo series to be.  Hint: stay away from the QQ on the Bnet forums.

A welcoming party was waiting for me at the Rift entrance.  This is the first time that's happened.  I'm lucky they were far enough away.  It would suck to load into the Rift instance and be either dead or severely hurt prior to starting a fight.

I tried, but couldn't manage not to pull the elite pack while fighting the Rift Guardian.  The RG was tough.  The elites dropped arcane beams and the RG kept trying to freeze me.  It limited when I could do.  I resorted to hit and run tactics.  The plateau I'm fighting on here contained two stairs.  I kept kiting around and around, using the stairs, dashing to the other side, below the plateau, if I saw the elite pack separate from the Guardian.  It was a long battle, but I won.

It's time for another crafting upgrade.  C'mon RNG!!!

Yesssssss!!!!!

My "old" weapons was given to the Scoundrel, giving him a nice boost to his DPS.  Needless to say he was very happy.

End of session stats.
End Gold: 324,161
DPS: 1,573.60
Toughness: 38,850

No comments:

Post a Comment