Saturday, April 19, 2014

Bounty Run Act V - Levels 13 to 20

Note: A Purest Challenge is not to twink any character, use paragon points, or use any outside help and progress in Hardcore.  Inspired by a post on d2jsp by Bubonic.  I chose to start at Expert difficulty and do Bounties (RNG selected) and Rift runs. 


I am thinking about the viability of continuing the Purest Challenge on Expert difficulty.  This set of 5 bounties took 2.5+ hours to complete.  It was a grind.  I enjoy the challenge of Expert difficulty because I think Hard is too easy with the changes to the Crusader.  However, it's brutal on smacking down monsters with excess HP's compared to my pathetic DPS.  I hope the DPS / Monster HP curve will be less steep in the near future.

During a second bounty, I see that awesome orange beam jet out to heaven while battling a Purple.

Hmmm...a 2-handed Axe (I have Heavenly Strength passive), I hope it's a DPS upgrade.

It is!!!!

I decide to fight Bazooka Boy Urzael next.  I'm fearful of gaining too many levels and "buffing" Urzael with more hit points.  Unfortunately, I went the wrong direction and gained two levels before finding him.  The fight was fun and lasted 15 minutes.  Unlike other fights, Urzael has mechanics you need to know in order to last against him.  This was critical since the DPS was lacking.  The Templar was very helpful with the healing and also eating several bazooka fireballs.  He died several times.  Urzael was nice enough to drop a legendary belt.

Another upgrade and its legendary stat will come in handy in the Toughness category.

The Lost Legion is a favorite bounty.  I love these little guys and they love me.

The little guys drop a nice companion ring upgrade.

Stats at the end of the session.

End Gold: 50,383
DPS: 111.44
Toughness: 10,054

No comments:

Post a Comment